Tatev Monastery Complex
Tatev Monastery is a 9th century historical monument. It is one of the oldest and most famous monastery complexes in Armenia. During medieval times Tatev Monastery was a vital scholastic, enlightenment and spiritual center and played a singular role in the country’s history.
What you will see:
- Mighty fortress walls upon massive cliffs;
- An ancient oil mill with stone grinders;
- Swinging Pillar – a unique medieval structure;
- The tomb of Grigor Tatevatsi, the last saint of the Armenian Church;
- Ancient frescoes by European masters.